so i'm proud to say that i've been pretty committed to this whole running thing. And i'm getting more hooked as the days go by. I've signed up for a 10k run in October and i hope i have enough time to train up for the run.I'm mixing my runs with swims with Angela who works so closeby to me. We're planning to find available lunch hours to sneak in a swim or two. Good endurance training. Now we just need a bike. (: but only if we can find more time. Angela by the way, a sister in Christ, i admire for her fitness level and goal setting personality.
I feel such a high from sweating it out and warming down after a run. It just makes you feel so good to know that you're doing something good for the body before you hit an age where it becomes too late to try and pump in some healthy juices. Needless to say i love sports. I grew up doing nothing but sports and perhaps suffer from the michael jackson no childhood syndrome but i guess as the saying goes, " you won't really know what you're missing if you've never really experienced it." Ok it's not that bad and i (hopefully) didn't turn out wacko. Now i'm setting a pace for myself. A regime and training sked. It's all about trying to find a balance with taking care of Nate and working and trying to squeeze in a run in between. Also getting enough time for recovery. Now for the running bit. According to my sports trained father, one should do the LSD - no not the drugs- but there is a rule of thumb for running which is Long, Slow and Distance. You keep to that rule and you'll lose weight fast, build your arobic fitness/ endurance, and not kill yourself in the process.I figure with fitness, one's distance would increase and timing improve. Let it happen naturally.
Discipline.
I need to ensure that i set targets. Not moving targets. Not up and definitely not Down. (thanks angela)
Have to stay focussed, and not go overboard.
I haven't set up a nick name yet and joined any forums because i hardly have time to do anything else other than to analyse and update my running log. So Ami, when i get it done, i'll let you know.
So goes the lack of blogs as well.
Pardon the lag of blanks as i spend most of the free time training.
Am still trying to fit in that blogging bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment