Thursday, September 11, 2008

The beginning of 70.3miles

7hrs is almost a whole work day. In 7hrs, I could fly to Perth, and back. But on Sunday September 7, 2008, I, together with a bunch of adranalin junkie friends headed out to East Coast Park at 5 in the morning to compete in the AVIVA Ironman 70.3 race. Fuelled by Jesus, we completed it, with big smiles and tired muscles. It was PAINFUL at the last 2km of the 70.3mile race for me, where competitors had to complete a 1.9km Swim, a 90.1km bike ride along the East Coast highway, and lastly a 21.1km run. Painful. But I loved every moment of it. I completed it with a decent timing (though my run was the weakest - as always)of about 7hrs, leaving me at 19th position in my age group category. I am happy. I've learnt through many lessons that it's not the ending that we remember most; but the journey that leads up to the end that counts and replays over and over in my mind. God has been good! And as I recall the instances and accidents that happened throughout the year, I am reassured that God has a plan for me. I may not see the end result right now, and it's probably not about me. I'm sure I'm placed here in my current position for His own reasons and His own plans. Perhaps, its to save another soul or to Bless someone who is in need or hurting. Whatever the case, I hold on to His covenant made with us and try to enjoy whatever I do right now. With this anchored in my heart, I said a prayer and committed the race to God, click the REGISTER NOW! Button, and signed up for IRONMAN 70.3, Singapore.

No comments: