If you are looking for refreshing tastes, comfort foods and a laid back atmosphere do drop by at a friend's restaurant. I love the place so much, if I could turn it into my home, I would. (Bjorn hint hint)
It's called Artichoke located at Sculpture Square on Middle Road.
I especially love their Risotto served during lunch. It's got the king of spices in there, and it's not too heavy.
There are loads of stuff which I still haven't tried and will be heading there once more before I hit the road for a month for an assignment where i'm sure we'll be eating at odd hours if we ever get to eat at all.
In the mean time, enjoy the shots that I helped him take. There were too many to post but i shall leave that to him when his website is up and running.





The photo shoot was fun because it was more conceptual and the chef (Bjorn) and I have a good working chemistry which is very important when you aren't shooting solo. I'm sure many of you snappers who work with graphic designers and art directors can attest to that.
When the wavelengths are aligned, we come up with art that is not only fun to look at but great to eat.
A very different type of photography that i'm used too but hey.. photographers should be able to shoot anything. But it felt like school again where you can make images that feel good without having to worry about storylines and angles.
It was refreshing.
Artichoke Cafe + Bar
Telephone : (65) 6336 6949 (reservations highly advised for weekends)
Email :
wassup@artichoke.com.sg
Address : 161 Middle Road Singapore 188978 Inside Sculpture Square (beside NAFA)
Opening Hours: mon closed tues - thurs noon - 10pm fri noon - midnight sat 11am - midnight sun 11am - 4pm

1 comment:
I love shooting food! Maye-e. these look great. so ozzie looking though! :)
Post a Comment