Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Market To Market...

When I was about 5 years old, I was taken care of by my grandmother who used to go to the wet market every morning.

The tungsten lighting and gross fish scaled covered floors were one of the details I remembered about most.

It was fun. I love outings, especially those involving environments which were not too sterile.

Those visits took a huge break when I started schooling and never had any reason to go to out on my own account to buy groceries and fresh produce.

But now that we live on our own, those visits have started again.

A good gal-friend of mine introduced me to Marine Terrace Wet Market... just down the road from where I live. It is so awesome.

My highlight is breakfast there, where the soya bean curd is awesome and the vegetarian bee-hoon is a must try.

Funny thing is I find my past catching up with me.

I've been there 5 times and out of that 5, i've been meeting ex-sailors from our national team. Apparently everyone lives there!

My coach from China, well, ex-coach, my ex-neighbor who was team mates with my dad when he was a national sailor, my ex-rival sailor from Philippines who is now our Singapore Optimist coach and many others!!! The list goes on.

Needless to say, Nate's been enjoying these outings and we've had a couple of breakfast dates with his classmates there as well. As he starts to build new memories, I seem to be re-visiting mine.

I guess Joni Mitchell said it right.. "And it goes round and round and round in the circle game."

No comments: