
I don't separate my life from my job because my job is part of life itself.
We document life as photojournalists and i'm a sentimental person.
So they both go hand in hand.
Photojournalism is experiencing life and life to me is nothing but experience.
Therefore, I guess it would be only natural to flood my hard disk space with photos of my children especially with this newborn if not once, but a couple of times a day.
So amidst my pain and while I wasn't sick or bleeding in the chest from all that breast feeding, and in my zombie state of mind, I managed to steal a couple of good moments of my daughter Nataley; during her first week of life.
I should have spent this time sleeping but when you miss this moment, you'll never get it back.
Something I have been planning to do before I was pregnant.
I'm a mother, a photographer, so why not marry those experiences to gain even more?
So to celebrate Nelly's (nickname for Nataley - in cause some of you are wondering why I seem to have 2 daughters). Here are some pictures of her in a more favourable state... the sleepy state where I can just be zen.
Hopefully I can put this to good use and earn some diaper money in the future. Otherwise it was fun.
I wished I could have done more but I was in too lousy a state.. I had so many more ideas but I guess that's one of the most difficult shoots I have faced. To be shooting when I was dealing with a wound below, on top and well... oh well. Thank God it wasn't an assignment.
Enjoy.
Happy first month Nelly.
4 comments:
She's gorgeous!
she's so precious!
i like coming to your blog for the heartwarming stories of your family. its really nice to read because you write as if you're talking to us over a cuppa coffee. (plus it sure doesn't hurt you take awesome photos!)
congratulations, from a silent reader :)
Thanks for the encouraging words!!!
Love the photos. :) Happy first month! I can't believe how fast it has been!
Post a Comment