It's one of those things where you read happens to other people but never really thought it'd happen to you; until it does.
Whilst in Malaysia, i received a call from DBS Credit Cards department. A very polite lady started asking me if I had made any transactions over in the United States recently and I thought well , yeah, a couple of months ago. Suddenly fears that my card was left open in KL could have contributed somehow to this "mix-up". Not.
Apparently a successful transaction using my credit card number was made for USD$1 a week ago at Macy's South. And recently another transaction was tried a couple of days ago but to no avail. The security number given was wrong so i was safe.
I've never been more greatful to receive calls from credit card companies before.
Curious, i asked how the company knew to call me and they said that they had suspicions on this certain company that has been making transactions and therefore called to check.
Thank god for these people who cared to call cause I don't think i would have cared to check.
So make sure you check your bills thoroughly as we sometimes take it the system for granted.
It's not full proof.
No comments:
Post a Comment