my hubby and I were having a conversation about Ferrero Rocher chocolates and how they've been around for a long time. So much so that it's form its own little culture. That's it. the Ferrero Rocher chocolate culture. I never was a fan of that safe tasting chocolate ball. I don't hate it, i just don't feel anything for it. I do however, seem to have a handfull of comments about it. We've realised that this chocolate has been around. And terence thinks that it's a pretty successful marketing experiment cause it's something that people would think of instantly when they need a convenient gift. It's classy looking in times of desperation, with its over-done packaging, and they come in several sized boxes as well. And yes, affordable without being too cheap. Slightly better than the Van Houten ones too.
Maybe its this whole convenience that makes me feel a little un-excited by it. It's exactly that.
To me, it's become the "yi si" chocolate. I buy it out of obligation because i need to give you something at your house warming, or birth of your first child, or because its the only thing i can find at home from someone else who came by the last time. It's almost like a briney spears case study. The marketing and packaging is fantastic but the real quality of the product is really just bad.
WIKIPEDIA even has this listed : In Hong Kong and Israel, Ferrero Rocher is a popular gift during the holidays, especially during Chinese New Year. Chinese culture associates the gold of the packaging with good fortune and wealth.
2 comments:
You have to admit though, they did have some memorable ads ("Why sir, with these Rocher, you’re really spoiling us!!" :)
so, will i get a boy from you one day? heheheh
Post a Comment