Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Paint me a butterfly please.

After about 10 years of thinking it through; i finally did it. With the support and blessings of my Hubby of course.So what exactly am i talking about..Well. I finally got my tattoo. Yes it took me 10 years to think about it and to make sure i wasn't just doing this on impulse.It also took me about 10 years to grow a little more and decided what kind of object i could live with for the rest of my life.Some people do it for feng-shui reasons or beliefs. I did it cause I love graphics and the arts. And I love patterns and have always been interested in ethnic things; shapes and forms through pictures and self-expressions. Also coupled with a bit of vanity and maybe 20% of rebellion.At first i thought a pixie would be great. I love pixies. They're playful, pretty and magically mysterious but i decided that i can't really ever get used to having someone's face or a face tattooed on my body. So it wasn't. I've always loved the beauty and gracefullness and intricate designs on the wings of butterflies and the whole metamorphosis of the butterfly from a caterpillar- process is just too cool a concept to ignore. Anyway so with a little bit of research and a lot of luck and advise of a good friend, Rashmi, i got an appointment with a really talented artist and got it done.
It was painful. Like a very bad sunburn (but that's the after effect)Painful but bearable. Halfway through i did ask myself why i was doing it... but only cause at some points the pain was quite acute. But when it got to the colouring bit, i was either numb by then, or it was really less painful.I initially wanted one on my ankle but decided on the right shoulder instead. yay.Terence was there with me, to document the process of course and give me moral support.I love every bit and detail of it and i don't regret one bit!Thanks for the snaps, Terence.

2 comments:

l.y. said...

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Im back btw (:

-cherie