Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sometimes.

Sometimes we just gotta do the things we dread.
Singapore Flyer had one too many openings. And honestly, I was a little half-hearted about going for tonight's assignment. The weather was crabby and so was I. I was talking to a colleague about how we should just "can" the assignment but decided to just go and see if it would make pretty pictures. I decided that if i'm gonna go all the way and carry a tripod with me for this shoot, I'd better darn well do my best. And i'm glad I stuck to this old school of thought about approaching assignments because it was all worth it and I must say, it made pretty pictures. Lesson learnt, lessons gained and lessons reaffirmed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful photo! At first I didn't realise it was one. I thought it was a painting of flowers. I really REALLY love this shot :)

Michelle said...

I thought it was some kind of painting too. dint realise it was the singapore flyer against the backdrop of fireworks. Pretty =)

maye said...

thank you so much for the encouragement. The best part i forgot to mention was that i get to go onto roofs of buildings to get shots like these. I like roofs.

S said...

i love the photograph too!! it's got this monet-esque feel to it!! keep up the fantastic work!

sharoNG
ilovetomuse.blogspot.com