Recently, Terence and Bryan bought folding bicycles..
At first I really wasn't convinced and thought that we didn't need another bike folding or not.. We've got bikes each and the take up space and money_ until_ I was told that I could ride around the CBD to look for pictures and standalones, economic features, tourism illustrations without the hassle of having to find parking and paying through the roof for it. Furthermore, i've always hated driving down 2 blocks just to walk around and shoot.. I used to trudge around from International Plaza, all over the place with equipment, wasting time and sweating buckets.. Now with the Dahon, a folding bike which fits in the car, I zip around town and stop whenever I see a potential picture to be made. Plus its environmentally friendly too! I still sweat heaps but I am more productive overall where work is concerned.. joy.
Indian tourist posing on Dahon
So today, I took the bike out to hunt for some tourism features, to illustrate a story about how Singapore's tourism board is injecting some money into boosting the industry. I parked the bike at the side and started shooting and when I turned my back, I saw a man from India sitting on the bike posing with the skyline in the background.. I looked at him, he smiled and I let him be..
I really don't think the bike is all that spectacular....but the whole scene kinda reminds me of the times in the earlier days when people would pose with props. I think this was it. Not long after, a Thai lady asked nicely if she could pose with the bike and I went on to take some photos. I'm thinking of starting an album or a series of moments like that where random people pose with my bike as a prop. It's really quite funny.
dahon folding bikes can be found here:
http://www.dahon.com/ 


No comments:
Post a Comment