Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sea swim training

Today's water was unsually cold to begin with but we were caught up in the heat of training in no time. Finally, the familiar murky and salty waters flowed through my fingers with each stroke and each breath.. I could taste the salty waters linger in my mouth, occasionally swollowing some when i got distracted during the breathing. I concentrated on each stroke, keeping on course as much as in could... one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.. sight and pull... one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.. sight and pull. I felt strong. When we gathered this morning, Wung Yew, Lynn and I tried to pull a fast one with coach and stood in front of him when he called for new swimmers, hoping to do less training. We're always playing a fool with him and I think he realises it and totally ignores us after yelling at us though. I told myself I'd swim fast and smooth so that i could get out of this unusually murky waters today, must be brought in with the tide with all that full moon Lunar activity going on, plus the ropes of the buoys were drifting away from the anchor, causing us to get entangled with the markers. I really miss sea swim trainings and will be looking forward to more of it !

No comments: