Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Otherside of the Lens

can you tell how awkward i'm feeling?
I hate taking photos of myself when i'm conscious about it. That's why I became a photographer in the first place. To be on the other end of things. So when asked to take a photo of ourselves in an spot that's typically "our" country, as part of a compilation of photographs of photographers in the region for our ex-boss, the only place I could think of was the "merlion park". I felt so corny and embarrassed standing in front of it, I had to stand behind it. What makes the whole thing strange is that I have been spending all my photography life making photos of tourists, fireworks at that place when we have to illustrate pictures of the city-state's economic results or tourism numbers. So weird....shudder.. but here goes.. one for the album.. Have you taken yours yet? (now im inspired to start an album asking everyone to send in their merlion shots... you're gonna get pictures of people "sticking their hand out to catch the merlion's spit, opening their mouths to look like the merlion's spewing into their mouths!) Will think about it.

No comments: