Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thoughts and conversations

I was talking to a friend the other day about going on assignments for a while in not so comfy conditions and I couldn't help but feel a little empty when I came home after that assignment in Padang. Nothing to do with being screwed up in the mind of depressed or anything of that sort. And don't get me wrong, there's nothing more wonderful than friends and family. I guess the feeling of suddenly returning to normalcy from where we had nothing for 2 weeks just hit me. I was with my brothers (the team) every single day. We did everything together, roughed it out, yelled at each other, laughed, farted, ate, and got strandered as well together. We also processed the whole assignment together with its momentum of dialectics together. I wonder how the soldiers who live together for months at the battle field do it.. Having said that, any experience that comes your way is a growing experience. now for more!!! RAWR!!

No comments: