Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Tough Love

I was just talking to a friend a moment ago.

We were discussing leaving the country for work; leaving our kids at home.

It's always this balance we need to strike between feeling guilty for "abandoning" the kid and carrying out our professional duties.

We have to do what we have to do. There will be times when people will question you or give you dirty looks as if you were irresponsible but you know, i've thought about this a lot, and decided that you can't be by your child's side 24/7. That's not going to do them any good.

Perhaps if the reason is valid like in this case _ work.

They will most likely grow up to be more independent and appreciate what you're doing for them in future.

So chin up, parents and keep your eye on the prize! A couple of hugs later and perhaps and ice-cream or two, they'll forget that you were even away.

I was away for 42 days and Nate knows that I love him just the same, if not, even more.

No comments: