Sunday, September 19, 2010

Go Fly a Kite

It's harder said than done!

I've never flown a kite before.. Yes.. we are the new generation where fun and games revolve around computers, iphones and ipads. Actually, not really. I am 30 and I existed when games such as marbles, chapteh, 5-stones or jacks was still around but maybe starting get unpopular. So when I popped by the NTUC Kite Flying Festival over at the Marina Promontory with Nate just to take a look, I couldn't help but admire the pretty skyline covered with what looked like pretty butterflies. Then the bomb dropped. "Mommy can I fly a kite?" . "Umm.. ok.. i've never tried it but i'm sure we can handle it". I managed to buy some time by actually working and shooting while waiting for my dad - the kite and any other old game expert, to arrive.. So thanks dad, for teaching Nate and I the proper way to launch and keep a kite flying in the air. . Needless to say, we had heaps of fun albeit the lack of wind for most times (we were not in a very open area anyway) but it is always good to be in the sun. . Another day at play; I mean work. (by the way that dude in the cap, that's my dad)

1 comment:

gen said...

looks like it was a beautiful day to be out! hopefully they'll hold it again next year.