Thursday, September 16, 2010

'Let Vegetarianism Grow on You' - literally

A member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Asia dressed in lettuce leaves holds up a sign urging Singapore citizens to 'Let Vegetarianism Grow on You', at the financial district on Thursday Sept. 16, 2010 in Singapore.(AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)
So...

Today at work, I went down to check out what PETA was doing with the whole vegetarian movement at Raffles Place.

So happened that on one end where lettuce lady was; were mascots dressed as fried chicken drumsticks promoting their new stall.

Food Fight! - didn't happen.

4 comments:

meiyi said...

that is pretty amusing.. drumsticks on one end n lettuce on another :D

jc said...

Maye-e!!!! Mwahahaha. Love your sense of humour. Food fight

Hey. Is it okay if I share your Lettuce Lady pic on my Fb profile? I will credit you, of course.

Thank you!

maye said...

HI JC. thanks for your comments.
Unfortunately these photos belong to AP and I think to be safe, please link this as a whole blog in itself to avoid being accused of mis use of AP material. AP(the Associated Press) is my employer and I too, have to be careful with what I do with these photos. IN this case, i'm sharing it as an assignment which I was at, giving all credit to the AP. But just to be on the safe side, I hope you understand the comfort level I have about the picture standing by itself.. Thanks for your understanding!

Best
maye-E

jc said...

Hi Maye-E,

Got it. Thanks! I decided to share the link to your blog entry via e-mail to a few recipients instead. Out of respect for your privacy too. & noting you're not the kind who wants a fan club ;-)

Eh! I attend Canon's F1 seminar yesterday featuring The Sutton brothers. Not as captivating as Be Empowered. but got better during the 2nd half

Take care and keep writing! (mwahaha. I actually feel "keep entertaining" is more appropriate, but yeah...)