Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Picture This:

I once read this brilliant phrase:
" Never under-estimate the importance of doing nothing." - Pooh
Last night, I learnt another:
"Never under-estimate the ability of little-people." - me
Scrolling through pictures taken by my 5-year old friend, Ethan Tan (see picture above), i was pretty much amazed at what seemed to be better than expected.
*Knee-high pictures of mei-mei, his cousin, executed in a style of which we professional photographers call "Panning".
*Self-portrait, showing just part of the face. Very avant gard! (good. Keep em coming! never reveal too much of yourself. Maintain some form of mystery. Girls love that!)
*Captured a moment where Aunty Maye-E was working with the SLR camera. Good, only because he kept the face out. Very considerate to our readers (we don't want them throwing up now boy.) Good Photographers are Sensitive to their subjects and surroundings!
I guess a cliche is a cliche cause it always happens.
So maybe i did fall into that catogory of people who judged a book by its cover.. yet we are all suckers for good packaging.
I admit, i felt a little worried when i saw you sneezing into my contax...
BUT ITS OK!!...
....really... you didn't know that digital components and snot don't go well together.
But you're such a darling with a low angle ability and truthful eye that i will never be able to translate into my pictures again without twisting or breaking something on me. I forgive you.
And am proud of you. But about my Canon EOS 1D, its still heavier than you right now.
So maybe when you're 13 years old ok?
Nice pictures Ethan!
You inspire me. With your lack of technical knowledge and instead, your abundance of Feelings.
Guess you know what your next birthday prezzie's gonna be! (;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Baseball softball warehouse Promotion in ppc search engine