Tuesday, April 17, 2007

excuses excuses

Plead guilty!
yes that is what i need right now for some very unappropriate behaviour of late.
I have done something very very very unlike me. You know that phrase about how motherhood makes you do weird things and sets you into a state of temporary-insanity? Yes. Very very very o very true.
ok.
i submitted Nate into a photo competition. It's not even funny.
in not just one category but TWO! TWOOO!!
I'm so embarrased i have to type this in the smallest font available so i can imagine im not really typing this.

click on image to go to voting centre to vote for this image

yes so there you have it.
I did the thing i swore i would never do to my child and you know the funny thing is, i'm getting sucked more and more into it. And you know another secret? I'm not going to tell you that a woman who's name sounds a lot like Hey-E is actually exploiting her child in this competition. "It's all about the photography" she exclaimed. "Just happened that (name that sounds a lot like Gate) was a willing victim and modelled for me" she exclaimed again.

A mother kind of sport this is however starting to feel a lot like a sport. there is the participation and then the anticipation. The action and then the reaction. And I actually am getting very stressed about it. Stressed in the KAN CHEONG way. wah lau eh. I actually found myself clicking on the TOP 3 photos to date button and actually get so excited when (his name sounds like Gate again) is in there.

Lessons Learnt and Promises Made
Ok so the thing is:

1) I shall refrain from taking part in anymore of these mindless competitions

2) Results from these competitions are non accurate (it depends on how many friends you have and your bribing power)

3) Nate shall not take part in any Competitive Sailing competitions in future no matter how much i hold the sport dear to my heart (and spent all my life doing) because:

4) I shall soon die of a heart-attack if i do not follow rules 1, 2, 3. So in the mean time, i'm sure this Hey-E will be so pleased if you show some love and vote for a baby who's name sounds like "Gate" so that we can stand our chance at winning a trip to disneyland in a lucky draw to fulfill Hey-E's non-existant childhood dream of seeing Mickey Mouse and telling him what a gay voice he has in person!

click on image to go to voting centre to vote for this image

4 comments:

mabez said...

Thing is..

"Gate" is super adorable and erm *chubby* and Hey-E is darn good at her job.

How not to win?

Anonymous said...

I vote! I vote! Cos you both are just tooo cute! huggsssss..

Chris Inton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Inton said...

Hiya Mama maye-e,

I've been trolling at your blog for a while now since Sor Luan told me. Nice to see that you and Nate are doing well after the asthma problem. Been SMSing you before but didn't get a reply. Give my regards to Terence.