Funny how I came to that conclusion while watching my darling nutritionist-by-training-now-professional cousin stick a spoon full of Chocolate Sundae into her mouth. Most times when you think life is straightforward, you're thrown a big punch in the face.. most often leaving you puzzled, sometimes hurt, but most times you don't end up dying - which makes you stronger.
Sometimes, you land in a new finishing point, one you never expected while other times, you take a big detour, ending up at the same point to where you started from. This darling cousin of mine spent most of her life as a student studying to be a nutritionist. Spent a year working as one, and ended up hating it. Took 2 years of her life flying the skies with Japan Airlines, serving people and looking very prim and taking on the aesthetics of the Japanese, to end up hating it and the lack of use of her very smart brains... to end up back as a nutritionist and now LOVING every moment of it.
Be it a week.
She says she feels good with the new challenges and mind boggling case studies that come her way. "I can use my brain and challenge myself this time!"
I say that sometimes, the detour makes you realise what you had in the first place and makes you appreciate life more. Funny how this works isn't it? I'm glad that she's come to a realisation and started me thinking about where I am as a person as well.
All the best hunny.
I'm proud of you.
Like I said, life is as straight as a u-turn. Just suck it in and ride the waves.
No comments:
Post a Comment