

Early this morning we got to witness the opening of the four hotels at Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore's first integrated resorts and casino. I love the people that work there but I found the place to look quite tacky (actually very tacky). It looked like something out of the early '90s and it gave me that feeling that I was in a place like Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia for those of you who are familiar with it.



Same developers.. so whaddaya know?!
The hotel rooms were nothing to shout about and their room numbers were in typography which was hard to make out. 339 looked like the word "PEE" in mirror-image and 733 looked a lot like "LEE". The whole energy just didn't gel with me. It was part oriental part Egyptian and altogether confusing.
I am amazed however, at the speed in which it was all built. Sentosa has a lot more space than we know and i'm sure it will be bustling with family holiday goers and not to mention gamblers.
Still not so settled about how i feel about it but congratulations to the team for all their efforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment