Thank God for the good news!
And for all your support that you've given me (y'all know who you are.)
I was a little ill before with all the stomach problems and after a few episodes including one which brought me to the hospital left me with a slight health scare. I was sent to the specialist where he was worried because my grandfather had cancer of the colon. Thank goodness I was fine and clear of all that.
The bigger worry came when my blood showed REACTIVE to Hepetitis C. That to me was very scary. This only came about when I was forced to do a full blood screening.
Suddenly the fact that I had caught a bacteria in my tummy and all that pain and intestinal reactions didn't seem to matter anymore.
I was freaked out because the doctor had warned me that treating Hep C was a very complex procedure. I've never even heard of such a thing! I know of A and B but C?!
It was really weird as well because my liver was supposed to be in the range which was healthier than normal. This was good news because it meant that it hadn't hit the liver yet.
Hep C is incurable and there is no vaccine for it. Depending on what genotype my blood was (we had taken more tests) it would determine what type of treatment I would need to face.
One part of the conversation between my doctor and I , which got really funny was when he kept asking me was if I took drugs!! Me? No way. I don't need drugs to get high. And if I had any operations done overseas as well. This is because it only passes through blood tranfusions.
So til now I have no idea how it's in me.
I can't pass it to you unless we share the same needles so don't feel alarmed ok?
Anyway treatment would last from 6-24 months and if treated aggressively, would leave patients feeling very horrible side effects from vomitting, mild fevers, depression, weight loss (this I was ok with), sinus and cough. Sounded to me that it was everything short of losing hair. And the worse part was that after all that treatment, which included injections weekly and going on and off the medications to see if it works, the results are only 70-80percent.
So for the past 2 weeks i've been praying really hard among other personal penances that I made with God. But mainly I prayed for mercy.
I am an active person and it would be really really upsetting to be ill. No one likes to be ill anyway.
Having said that, my heart goes out to all who are battling this illness.
Yesterday, my blood tests came in and Thank God, it showed up as negative.
Meaning that it's prolly still in me _that's why the first Reactive results_ but the amount is too low to worry about.
In 6 months I will take another test and hope that it's still a negative.
So in the mean time: Take care of your health and don't procrastinate when it comes to chasing your dreams. Thank you also for all the calls and sorry if I didn't really wanna talk about it at first. It was just something too foreign for me to grasp at that point.
Sometimes we all need a wake up call and to pray a little more. Believe in Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment