Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thailand April 2010

Pro-government supporters are seen selling ribbons as they rally at a local park
Thai soldiers stand guard in front of a poster of their King
Make shift showers in the anti-government protesters' encampment
Anti-government protesters shout at their fellow protesters, asking them to stand down
Thailand is not the same anymore.

Unfortunately, the one place that I used to know as the friendly land of smiles has seem to lose out to the chaos and mess and political turmoil that has been ongoing for the past 3 years. Maybe more.

The whole thing seems like a bad musical, with no ending.

And we the press members are here to watch the story unfold and reveal its many many layers of 'what ifs', 'whens' and 'hows'.

I'll be here for at least another week, making it my third, as I continue to hunt for moments in what seems like a never ending story.

I promise to write more when I muster the energy. Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

Da Froggie said...

Hey...nice pictures you got there. Yes, it is really a pity that the land of smiles spiraled to this humongous political mess.

Take care of yourself out in the field :D