Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This is how I felt

when I found out I had to take THAT many pills for malaria prevention for my upcoming trip to the enclave cause I may get bitten on the last day and the bacteria can live in my blood for 3 weeks. Hmmm so how would I know if i got malaria and I may never know even if I caught it?!. Exciting but weird at the same time.

2 comments:

Little Ms Happy said...

Hi Maye-e!

I'm Karen, one of Kay Chin's students who are going to Timor-Leste to do conflict journalism in a class called "Go Overseas For Advanced Reporting".

He has shared with us some of your exciting stories and insights and we are just dying to talk to you.

We have been doing tonnes of research but these papers and reports are nothing like talking to a journalist who had been on the ground.

Would you by any chance be available on the 28th of July or the 2nd of August? We would love to meet you!

If these dates are no good, please let me know what would work for you? And I'll coordinate with my class.

P.S. I had hoped to contact you in a more conventional way. But, your blog turned up as one of the first contact points so I decided to give this invitation a personal touch.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Karen
(93660478)
(karenseng@gmail.com)

Little Ms Happy said...

Hi Maye-e,

thanks for your time! If you are wondering what we are up to, do take a look at our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Go-Far-2010-Timor-Leste/126602000715441?ref=ts

There will be frequent updates there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Karen
(93660478)
(karenseng@gmail.com)