Sunday, December 18, 2011

On Breast Feeding (Men bear with me)

I know I hate it and swear I will give up soon because there is nothing glamourous about breastfeeding.. (that is what I would have told you a month ago)

But I perservered.

I went through almost the same thing for both my children.

Its painful, its aweful and for most women, its the main cause of post natal blues.

My babies can never latch on from birth... well, not without help from a lactation consultant.

Firstly, I have too much milk and it hurts so bad.

But I hung in there and now that Nelly is older, she's hungrier, and her jaw is stronger.

It took me about a month before I could establish real breastfeeding and trust me, til now, i'm still trying to manage my supply.

But now, it's totally convenient when we go out now because I don't have to worry about running out of milk or bottles to feed.

In an ironic sense, you are trapped into being a milking machine but you do get some sort of freedom to do your own thing, just have to balance being a cow alongside your well, activities.

Baby gets all that nutrients which formula milk doesn't have and it also saves you some money.

So now that I have come out of that struggle, i'm just here to encourage those of you who are like me, have plenty of supply but really want to give up cause it's inconvenient and painful, IT GETS BETTER.

Trust me, I was ready to throw in the towel... I had standby medication to stop the feeding too.

But for those of you who find it is really taking you down to the point where you wanna do anything drastic, don't stress out. You and baby won't die from not breastfeeding.

Either way, it gets better.

No comments: