Anyways.
soldier remove razor wire so protesters can walk through
This was when things started to get really bizarre. I come from Singapore where even the thought of starting a protest can get you arrested. Over there, the Army were moving the razor wire and barricades to allow protestors into the hotel premises. They were practically useless. It got to point where the protestors moved towards the last check point. And still they let them in.. visually, there were no efforts in trying to stop these reds. It was just a matter of time before they broke into the hotel itself. And they did. You could see them pushing their way, sqaushing the pathetic line of guards into the glass, the glass just started bending and bending til it popped and in they ran, through the whole meeting venue, looking for Abhisit, tearing up the place.. but still no action from the police. The leaders had to be evacuated in helicopters from the hotel roof.. It looked like a scene from Vietnam. Sheesh. It just left EVERYONE puzzled what this Army was doing.. plus, there were negotiations. Everytime they finish negotiating, the check point would open up.. I know Thailand is crazy, but even crazy i can normally understand. This just seemed too surreal...
1 comment:
hi maye-e,
Is it ok for me to put your blog on my list of "reads" (on my blog)?
I like reading your stories n looking at photos!
not sure what is the correct blog etiquette, so I thought I would ask first... pai say.
also, possible to remove this from the 'comments' ?
hehe
let me know..
nglinli@gmail.com
www.nglinli.blogspot.com
keep up the good work otherwise in ur faith n life!
Post a Comment