Friday, April 03, 2009

Laura and Victoria

The first time I heard and was aware I was listening to Jazz (like when I was 11 or 12) sans the usual numbers like Take Five and Wave and Puttin' on the Ritz, it was always songs by Laura Fygi. I know she's someone more likely from "my father's time" but a good singer's a good singer. I've shot pictures of her for the paper back when I was still working there and even bought tickets for my parents to watch her Live in Singapore because they love listening to her. Feels like a really long time ago. Well, I finally got to photograph her on a different capacity yesterday. Apparently she's a conservation activist while she's not singing and was here at the Night Safari at the Singapore Zoo to name a 1month old Malayan Tapir "Victoria". Aside from being all starstruck, Victoria is still much cuter than laura. (: It was another one of those pleasant assignments anyhow.

No comments: