Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Wong Jingna

Felicia, left, Jingna and I
That's what Felicia introduced me as.
Tongue-in-cheek I said that we'd make the perfect photographer. Journalist paid in commercial bucks ... can you imagine that?!

The real joke comes later when Jingna and I find out that we have way too many things in common.

Firstly:

- We were both sports persons at the national level

- Jingna was in Air Rifle, I was a Sailor

- She was the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) Sportsgirl of the Year 2006, and I won it a decade earlier in 1995.

- My father knows her and her mother ( I found out today because my dad left a FB remark ) My father was in the Ministry of Education and in charge of Air Rifle and WaterPolo/Swimming at National Schools level.

- Jingna's assistant is a little girl (well, many years ago) that I was buddied with when in primary school.

- Now we are both photographers and take pictures for a living!

When they say the world is small. They weren't kidding!

3 comments:

Cobalt Paladin said...

Jingna's surname is Zhang... not Wong. :p

maye said...

YES exactly but if you read the post carefully... you would have seen that I mentioned that the lady introduced me before my talk as "Wong Jingna" so that's my title - punn intended following that tongue in cheek i said that if we were one person, we'd be a perfect photographer but the world is fair isn't it?

Cobalt Paladin said...

Ah! Totally sorry my carelessness. Found your blog after Jingna posted her entry about the Canon seminar. Then I just clicked on the post title "Wong Jingna" and left a comment without reading carefully.

Terribly sorry. :(