Monday, March 30, 2009

Tough Audience

That's what we were at the recent Temasek Polytechnic School of Design Graduation Show. As the school's alumni, we realise that a certain standard is expected of our juniors. Some delivered but some didn't. Some blew our did impress us very much. (: Congratulations to all of you graduates. I remember how tough art school was. Late nights, project based assignments which needed many developmental steps and approval. It was tough as students, having very little savings and needing a lot of material to work with. I distinctively remember our lecturer Iskandar Jalil (our country's cultural medallion winner and famous potter) throwing our pots down 5 storeys when he found them to have no aesthetics. Ahhhh how i miss those days when wild ideas were encouraged and eyebags were of fashion. Time to dig out some old class photographs and retro art work that i've done. I'm so outdated now. tsk tsk tsk.

No comments: