I've covered almost 10 national day parades and found that out of those, one or two in the past were nice... and then it started going downhill from there. It used to be a drag to cover this event. I found the performances boring and dated. Looked like something put together by primary and secondary schools. Performers would be all over the place - scattered and sparse. This year was different. I felt that it was more cohesive and there was some form of continuality. The performances didn't seem so cliche and the whole event looked prettier. I wasn't surprised later to find out that the parade was directed by Ivan Heng... of course.. and was just joking that they should let Dick Lee do next year's. Later to find out that that too, are part of the organising committee plans for NDP'10. YAY. I can't wait. Happy National Day peeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment