Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time Out

Have you ever felt like sometimes you wished you had a remote control that you could just use to put everything around you on "Pause"? The thing is, we can't. So the only way is to just ride the wave. There are days when I fell really tired, upset, or when things don't turn out the way they were supposed too, or when disappointment sets in. During these times, I wish I could put Nate on pause, Work on pause, family obligations on pause and just stay quiet for a while. Just for the mood to simmer down and for your thoughts and body to re-connect and re-group. Just that little bit of quiet to calm yourself down. In reality, there's no such thing. Life goes on. You take a deep breath, suppress it and concentrate on what needs to be done. This is what we call self control of which to me is one of the hardest things to capture. So there's no pausing. Then suddenly I'm sitting here thinking that the same goes for days when you are experiencing wonderful things and you wish that time would stand still and remain that way forever. You wish to pause Life right there but no- there is no such thing. Life goes on, the game continues where we live and try to find that fundamental balance. Happy and Sad. The journey can be quite similar in ways which are not so obvious.... Time to head out for an assignment because life goes on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. I know you put it up for yourself, but it was something I really needed to read as well to remind me that life goes on.