Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wet and Wild

After the downhill... heh...
I'm loving the switch over to the trails (for a while though I haven't abandoned the roadie and the SBR events). The thing about trail riding is it keeps your adrenalin pumping all the time. You can't really zone out or wonder what you're going to do later in the day because it needs your 101% concentration. It can get technical but once you're ONE with the bike, the feeling is so satisfying. The thing is to commit to the line you've taken when negotiating the uneven paths! I have to much more to learn. SHIOK. Today, we went to Bukit Timah for the first time (for me at least) and at first I was a little horrified from stories and descriptions. But as we went on, and I started negotiating the downs and ups, I started to enjoy it so much. I think i'm starting to get addicted. Bruises and falls goes without saying. It was Wet and Wild. The rain probably made life a little more difficult but it definitely made the weather more inviting. It's not easy but it's heaps of fun. We manage to treat ourselves to some really yummy Boon Tong Kee after. On a separate note, the waitresses there were super nice. They didn't mind that we were dirty, muddy and wet. Kudos to all your mountain bikers out there. I have new respect for you! What a great way to end the weekend. (: happy joy.

No comments: