I've never written any complaint letters in my life.
Today was my first.
I'm a very patient person and though I complain a lot in my head, its normally just "in my head". I don't let it out (unless you are a very close friend of mine or my husband), and then the angry moment just passes me by. Plus I always give the other party the benefit of the doubt.
However today, I couldn't let it go.
Maybe it was the fact that I woke up at 4am and am feeling really exhausted but that's not the reason why. This was just one of the catalysts.
I've been using my Dell Latitude D610 for a long time.
It's a company issue and basically the whole of AP uses Dell. That's the whole world. So you would think that we would receive some sort of professional support. Actually, it shouldn't really matter. I had our office technical adviser to order a battery for my lap top. It's not the standard battery but this one slots into the DVD drive. I made sure I found a link on the internet, along with a picture, before sending in an order which also included the model number and part type. Almost fool-proof right?
NOT.
They screwed it up.
Not the first time, but the second. Exactly the same thing happened last year.
Not only are they slow to respond if they choose to respond, they assume we were asking for the standard battery and sent it to us.
After making that mistake, they totally ignored our technical adviser's gentle email asking them to advise us on this matter or if we should send it back etc..
Not a word until he wrote in again, sounding a little more urgent.
And still, it was the sales guy who basically wrote in, asking his order-woman to respond.
I thought it was very disappointing from a world class brand like Dell. So I had to write in. I told them that our guy did not deserve this kind of treatment and service. That we were a very very big client of Dell and even if we weren't I had expected a lot more from them in this competitive times. That simple and efficient service was a very basic expectation.
Not only do their laptops suck.
So does their service.
Ok. I'm done.
No more letters like that for me because it leaves me feeling a little disturbed, its not my style to write such letters or blog about but I just really needed to get it out of my system.
Time to Reboot.
Friday, September 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment