Earlier this year, while waiting on an assignment, a friend of mine who happened to work for the PR firm hosting the event asked me how I took care of my skin. I mumbled the words "nothing at all" under my breath, hoping she didn't hear me. All of a sudden all of them (we were in a group) turned around and gave me a "someone just died" look and said "WHAT?!" "Oh My Gosh!" "How can you live with yourself" and a "You are going to regret for the rest of your life"... Suddenly I felt a sense of panic..Immediate outcast! haha
me, bare, now.
Truth is, I'm too lazy. I never bothered and am still very lazy about this whole skin regime.
I think i'm blessed with some good genes. Must be from my grandmother who had silky white skin for her whole life. I'm not being arrogant about it by taking it for granted but somehow I always had excuses.
For one, I don't use make-up - I'm simple. Therefore the convenience to just wash my face with water as i shower and then dry it with a towel (the rougher the better - that's my rational.. haha gets more dirt off mah!)
Secondly, I'm very active hence it would be very inconvenient to put on any moisturizer.
Thirdly, I've always thought that it looked really off if someone like me, who dresses up in cargo pants and dry fit hiking shirts for work starts to put anything on the face.
Then came the whole "I'm too tired" excuse as well.
And in fact, the more I started to to use these facial washes, the more pimples i'd get.
Maybe i've never really sat down and thought about it.
So I did.
I sat down and decided one day to figure out what all that fuss is about.
Technically, if my face were to give up on me anytime now, it would be disastrous.
I've spent almost all of my childhood with extended exposure to the sun from all that sailing training and competition. That's 20 years of direct sun exposure, sunburn skin (i've exfoliated so many times i think i have enough for wall paper). I'm suprised I haven't turned into a rasin. Plus, now i'm into the whole swim bike run thing, doesn't help me much. So factor in all these things, plus the fact that I hit the big 3o next year. You can safely say i'm in big trouble. My face will start sagging, soon you wouldn't be able to tell where my chin ends and my feet begins.
Maybe it's time to start with the basics.
I don't even know what they are. Wash? Scrub? Soap? Moisurise?! Pore what and what? I think my pores are big enough (in the beauty world) I can stuff spare change in them. Aiya. Thought I could escape this whole part of growing up. Time to do something about it.
Maybe Maye-E.
No comments:
Post a Comment