Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Open Curtain...

calling home after her performance, having a quiet moment
It was a 11hr shooting day for me but it is all worth while. Pictures are coming together and I feel encouraged and settled. I take this as a good sign. I won't be putting up all the pictures as this is still a work in progress. I'm doing a photo essay on the Genee International Ballet Competition at the moment. It ends it's run on Saturday. Will give out more details when everything is finalised. In the mean time, here's a sneak preview of what's happening and there are heaps more to come in the next couple of days. I'm worn out and drained but totally satisfied. Things are still missing and there is much more to be done. I'm just enjoying shooting all over again, in a way that I love, where I don't have to worry about being "newsy". Feels like the good old school days again, except that i'm older and not as "photo fit mentally" as before. In photo essays, the journey is worth much more than the end product itself.

No comments: