Today I shoot TTN.
TTN is also known as Table Tennis in the AP captions Supplementary language.
There is a strange world of codes. And unless you are apart of the Associated Press team, you will never get to use this. Oh how priviledged we are..
People have code languages like the F-language, (and i'm not talking about the bad one) and well, some have this thing called singlish (apparently it has it's own dictionary now and some of the words have made it into the oxford dictionaries) but we, at the sophisticated AP have abbreviations for every sport.
And the editor has to remember them all.
Good luck crusty, well actually he cheats. he has them all on a list.
ATH - athletics
WTL - weightlifting
SHO - Shooting
SWM - Swimming
BOX - Boxing
TTN - Table Tennis
TEN - Tennis
These are just some from the list but they can never beat the best one here which is BAD for badminton.
Today I cover Table Tennis.
It's the doubles finals.
Just now, we had the mixed doubles. No one really cares about the doubles matches and for some reason, it doesn't seem as prestigious as the singles events. So I decided to make some features from the x-doubles and test out the higher vantage points.
I just had a conversation with Dita, a really good buddy of mine who was covering Shooting and we were speaking online.
Maye: Hey Dit, that was an awesome shot you had, what you covering later?
Dita: I'm still at SHO
maye: (: oh no.
Dita: yes.. you?
Maye: I'm at TTN
Maye: I Think we need a game. For one day all the AP shooters have to speak in supplementary codes. If anyone says the sport out load without replacing it with the code replacements buys beers.
Dita: Yeah.. heheh
Anyway, following that, and now that i'm thinking about it, I had better stay away from too many artsy feature pictures and do some CYA shots.
By the way if you haven't figured it out, CYA = Cover Your Arse also known as the money shot which is universally accepted and normally the slightly safer pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment