
Japanese wrestler not happy about the silver medal

Wrestling.Ahhh.... You watch it and you cringe.
I on the other hand, think it's really exciting for photos, and if I understand the rules a little better, i'm sure I will appreciate it a lot more than I already do.
There were a few dilemmas to shooting this sport.
Well firstly, you either shoot it from up high in the stands, where you get clean background, of just the mat, or you shoot it with a slightly wider lens like the 70-200mm where you can get flips and feet in the air, or you can do what I like to do, and use a really tight lens like the 400mm and get great facial expressions and squashed noses and ears.
But you can't just have one or the other.
It's always good to have a mixture.
We had a lot of fun shooting wrestling because it gave great shapes and sizes and well, i'm sure it entertained the people on the editing desk a lot because it did sometimes look a bit awkward (think gay men at it) in pictures.
No offense really to gays out there but it was just entertaining seeing the men climbing all over each other with all kinds of expressions. It was GOLD. Certainly broke the monotony of the daily action pictures which we were shooting.
Pictures shot on : Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm F 2.8 and 70-200mm USM IS lens
No comments:
Post a Comment