Friday, November 19, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE

Today Nate turns 4.

I am a mother of a 4 year old boy with the features of his handsome father, silent thinker also like his dad, and he (nate) has a soul of a 40 year old.

And i'm not complaining.

He's funny for his age and loves to sit and think. He absorbs life and I absorb him.

We celebrated his birthday before I left the country and he is surrounded by heaps of people who love him so much.

I thank God for such a blessing in my life.

I've never ever regretted being a mother and he has instead educated me in life.

It's funny how life comes full circle.

On his birthday celebration a couple of weekends ago, we had one of the best cakes ever made for him.

Mainly because it was made by a very talented woman.

It's a dear friend of mine, Roxanne's mother.

I admire her for her silent strength as a wife, mother and daughter-in-law.

She is so dedicated and does everything with love that spills over and on to you that you will want to be so much like her.

I ....ahem.. on the other hand am not as organised.

In this job that I have, I have no real social life but many understanding friends. (: or so I like to put it.

So anyway, I thought 3-weeks would have been enough to get a caked custom made. That's record early time for me.

Apparently not.

So Aunty Janet chipped in.

She made his favourite disney cars character TOW MATER. A goofy rusty tow truck and it was awesome!!!!!!!

A 3-D cake which weighed about 10-kg and it tasted even better than it looked.

I will always remember that cake... and the love put into making that cake.

Nate was really happy with the company and the celebrations, the next morning, he asked me if he could use my phone to call everyone to come back to his home.

It's really awesome watching nate grow and start to realise things around him, react to people around him as well.

as nate grows another year; I age another

as nate learns to be patient; I learn that patience is hard to learn

as nate learns about love; I learn that love is unconditional

It's amazing how we live parallel experiences even though we are 26 years apart.

Here's to another year.

Happy Birthday NATEY from china.

No comments: