Thursday, November 11, 2010

A photo a day - 16th Guangzhou Asian Games

Opening Ceremony at the Youth Olympic Games taken on my Canon Mark III
I'm in Guangzhou for the Asian Games and i've realised that there are so many pictures that will never see the light of day.

Often times we go out on an assignment and we shoot what we need to and along the way, we see pictures that we take for ourselves. Following which, they remain in some dark segment in our hard disk forever. And the more depressing bit is when we stop shooting for fun or for the simple love for photography. Work should never become a daily chore. And we should never ignore our instincts to react and shoot when we see a moment or two. So i'm going to try to make a conscious effort to make more pictures instead of taking pictures.

I'm going to try to blog a photo a day, it may be something i've shot outside of my assignment or an out-take which I haven't moved on the AP wire.

So stay tuned for more and I will try to file as much as I can as often as I can with as much detail as to how/ where and when i've shot these photos. I hope to share as much as I have learnt and am still learning about.

Some of you are wondering what cameras I am using.

I've always been a very happy CANON user and am now using a :

Canon 5D Mark II

Canon 1D Mark III

Canon 1D Mark IV

Most of these photos at the Guangzhou games will be shot with my Mark IV.

Shooting triathlon at the YOG 2010 in August
It's amazing. I've used it at the Youth Olympic Games and my shooting life has never been the same... Yes it is that dramatic.

Go HERE to be inspired by camera technology at its best!

No comments: